From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC 2012 project ideas
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:43:20 GMT
Regards,
Suho

On 26 March 2012 01:23, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
> <suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found one idea for Photark by Luciano on
> > Hybrid HTML5 Mobile Application using Apache Cordova (a.k.a PhoneGap)
> >
> > I also have an idea of developing a metadata model for photos.
> > As Photark means Photo Archive it needs a proper way to manage photos by
> > structurally maintaining the meta information of the photos, such as when
> > and where the photo was taken, people in the photo and the x,y
> coordination
> > of there positions, tags, description (in different locals), etc.
> > This meta info should not only be collected per photos but also for album
> > collections and correlations among photos
> > I believe by building a metadata model that capture all these information
> > we will be able to develop attractive applications
> >
> > Regards,
> > Suho
> >

> Does this mean you want to reactivate photark-server rest branch ?
>
> No its nothing to do with photark-server, I was thinking to  build a model
to maintain meta information of photos based on an xml, or json so that we
can not only collect and maintain info of photos but also make our photo
gallery on mobile or any photo related applications to give useful info on
creative ways.
Also when we are sending photoes from one phone to another we can send the
meta xml as well and from that the other application can interpret those
information and use them effectively

E.g usecase is if we go on a trip and with our phone we take photos on the
go at various places and our application and find out when and at what
place the photos was taken and it also automatically create a google trip
and on the trip map it show all the photos at the places where we took them.

Similarly we can have many such creative functions on photark mobile

WDYT?

Suho