From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Photos Stored In SD Card.
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 02:10:33 GMT
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Prabhath Suminda
> <pathiranappps@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In my application I included functionality to manage photoes stored in SD
> > card. So I think it would be great it can hava functionality to sync
> between
> > the photos stored in SD Card with the PICASA/FACEBOOK/Flicker.
> >

> Two points here :
>   - PhoneGap abstracts the device specific APIs to provide device
> independent access to the local pictures
>
>   - I don't believe we want to actually "sync" remote pictures,
> primarily for storage limitations on the device, particularly if the
> user has lots of album subscriptions, or his own picture staggered in
> multiple repositories

Then, providing a user an option to enable/disable remote gallery sync
would
make it more sense (disable by default may be) and avoid unnecessary
battery usage and bandwidth of the users when it comes to large remote
photo sets
and local storage limitations as Luciano, mentioned.

--
Subash Chaturanga
University of Moratuwa

Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/