incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adapter and PE in one Cluster
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:35:49 GMT
Our initial strategy of having multiple apps on the same logical cluster
resulted in a lot of complexity for the implementation (classloading)
and for operations (lifecycle, deployment).

As a consequence we opted for a simpler solution where there is only 1
app per logical cluster. And we added a complementary mechanism for
inter-app communications.

If you have apps that you used to deploy concurrently on the same
logical cluster, you'll just need to define new logical clusters (of
arbitrary dimensions) and deploy 1 app per logical cluster. Each S4 node
belongs to a single logical cluster, which you specify when starting the
node.

Regards,

Matthieu