incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S4 Communication Layer using ZooKeeper
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 06:30:22 GMT
Yes, you can restart the nodes automatically that previously died. But keep
in mind that events may be dropped for that partition until the node is
restarted. I think we have some configuration on the retry size queue and
you can configure this based on how long it would take to automatically
restart the node.Make sure there is enough memory on all nodes to keep the
events in queue until the node comes back up.

Another thing to keep in mind is if multiple nodes fail and you restart
them it is probably not guaranteed to pick up the partition that it had
picked up earlier.