incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject Re: S4 Communication Layer using ZooKeeper
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 04:51:12 GMT
Zookeeper is primarily used to keep track of the changing topology. S4 is
aimed at running on commodity hardware - nodes might go down anytime, and
hence the need to keep track of the topology. The topology is written to
zookeeper, and each running node watches the zookeeper node(s) to keep
track of any changes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Karthik