Hi Karthik,

That's very helpful.

Thanks.
Frank

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kkambatl@cs.purdue.edu> wrote:
Zookeeper is primarily used to keep track of the changing topology. S4 is aimed at running on commodity hardware - nodes might go down anytime, and hence the need to keep track of the topology. The topology is written to zookeeper, and each running node watches the zookeeper node(s) to keep track of any changes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Karthik