incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From German Blanco <german.bla...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Performance of the stream between adaptor and PE
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:31:24 GMT
Yes, that is the release.

Thanks a lot! I will wait for the update then.

Regards,

Germán.

________________________________
From: Matthieu Morel [mailto:mmorel@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:13 PM
To: s4-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance of the stream between adaptor and PE

Hi,

I assume you are using the 0.5 release. It has known performance culprits, in particular for
remote communication. That's why one of the focus of 0.6 is actually performance.

Latest development in branch S4-95 provide more than 250 000 *remote* messages per second,
but we still need to review the latest changes before integrating. (very soon).

So: yes you might face relatively low performance with the 0.5 release due to communication
overhead, but forthcoming updates will definitely change the situation, with minimal changes
to the API.  (actually, probably the only change is the option to specify the parallelism
of streams). You might even try the S4-95 branch if you want a preview now.

Regards,

Matthieu