incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no of threads handling the queue
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:32:20 GMT
Hi,

the relevant documentation is here: http://incubator.apache.org/s4/doc/0.6.0/event_dispatch/

You may tune parameters by:
- modifying the default.s4.comm.properties file,
- passing overriding parameters when deploying the application,
- adding your own module for overriding the executors implementations (see here https://github.com/apache/incubator-s4/blob/dev/subprojects/s4-core/src/main/java/org/apache/s4/core/DefaultCoreModule.java#L91)
- specifying a degree of parallelism for processing of streams (see the setParallelism method
in Stream class)

Hope this helps,

Matthieu

On Mar 21, 2013, at 15:21 , Gowtham S wrote:

> HI Mathieu,
>
> As far as my knowledge, i think that each queue involved in s4 is handled by threads(for
each queue there will be a single thread). is there any method in api for increasing the no.of.threads
handling a single queue from 1 to two (or) more.