incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to set s4.metrics.config
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:07:24 GMT
OK I see how you got there. 0.6.0 on github is not the tag for the final release code.

Github repo is a mirror of the apache git which we use for development. 0.6.0 was removed
from the apache git but the change not propagated to github apparently.

Anyway, for the 0.6.0 release you can either:
- follow the instructions from the web page to download the package
- checkout the 0.6.0-RC5 branch from apache's git repo (or github mirror)
- checkout the 0.6.0-Final branch (which I just added) from apache's git repo. Should propagate
to github as well

Regards,

Matthieu

On Jul 15, 2013, at 20:16 , Jiaan Zeng <l.allen09@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using the code tagged as 0.6.0 in github from here
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-s4/tree/0.6.0
>
> Isn't it the final release? If not, where to get the final release source code?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what version of S4 are you referring to?
>>
>> It looks like you are using a release candidate instead of the final release and
that you are hitting issue S4-130, which is fixed in the final release.

>> When using the 0.6.0 final release, different metrics output directories can be specified
by passing metrics parameters when starting nodes (-p param) instead of specifying that in
the app deployment.