incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with S4 script in MacOS X 10.7.5
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:15:27 GMT
I can't reproduce that behaviour. Are you using the released version or is it a checkout from
git ? which commit in that case?

You may also add debugging to the s4 bash script: add -x to the first line, which will look
like: #!/bin/bash -x

Matthieu

On Feb 25, 2014, at 16:57 , Martin Schneider <another.martin.schneider@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the error message is the standard help text from the corresponding tool that is called:
>
> macpro:apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src martinschneider$ ./s4 newApp myApp -parentDir=/tmp
> please specify a task name and proper arguments. Available tasks are: [deploy, node,
zkServer, newCluster, adapter, newApp, s4r, status]
> macpro:apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src martinschneider$
>
> Thanks for the help in advance!
>
> Best, Martin

> Hi,
>
> can you detail the error that is returned?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthieu
>

> On Feb 25, 2014, at 16:42 , Martin Schneider <another.martin.schneider@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem regarding the S4 script of Apache S4 0.6 on MacOS X 10.7.5.
>>
>> I used gradle 1.4 as well as 1.10 for creating the wrapper and installation of S4
but have the same issue with the S4 script

>> When starting it with appropriate parameters, it returned me an error that it does
not recognize the parameter "newApp" or any other.