incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Magdalena Soyka <mso...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: deploying apps on a remote cluster
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 10:39:12 GMT
Hello Matthieu,

Thanks for replying.

> Not sure what you mean by "gradle download". Normally you would package the app locally,
then make the package available somewhere. Easiest way is on a shared file system (like NFS)
but you can also make it available through http (static file serving). When deploying, you
just specify the location of the package and nodes will install the app automatically.

to be more specific: I'm following the walkthrough everything from my
local terminal with passing the zk host, which works fine.

but invoking ./s4 adapter -zk=dbis64 -c=cluster2:cp
starts the adapter process on my local machine instead of somewhere on
my cluster. is that correct?

so I try to do this on my remote machine but then:

./s4 adapter -zk=dbis64 -c=cluster2
Downloading http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-1.4-bin.zip

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

so he's trying to download gradle, which i can't. and i'm not sure why.
could I tell S4 to look for this package somewhere locally... ?

regards,
magda