incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploying apps on a remote cluster
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:11:32 GMT
Hi,

There is no defined migration path from 0.5 to 0.6 but :
- 0.6 uses pretty much the same API for PEs, and brings performance and usability improvements.
- the deployment model is quite simple

Therefore it should not be hard to migrate, if you need to.

For info here are the release notes for 0.6: http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/s4/s4-0.6.0-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Matthieu

On Apr 28, 2014, at 16:54 , Abdelkader Lattab <alattab@qf.org.qa> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have inherited a complex s4 application based on s4-0.5.  I am supposed to upgrade
it to 0.6. Due to the poor documentation I am a bit mixed up. Are there  major changes between
those two versions. Please help as I have to evaluate the difficulties ahead.

> KADER

string so they can bootstrap to a zookeeper cluster. How to start them is specific to your
setup and infrastructure, a basic way would be by scripting and using ssh.

>> Then I switched to starting eveything remotely. Unfortunatly the
>> remote cluster does not allow downloads (except wget) so I'm buiding
>> the app locally and putting it up. But even prebuilding the app
>> locally doesn't help because when I try to start the adapter it does the same.
>> How can i avoid the gradle download?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "gradle download". Normally you would package the app locally,
then make the package available somewhere. Easiest way is on a shared file system (like NFS)
but you can also make it available through http (static file serving). When deploying, you
just specify the location of the package and nodes will install the app automatically.

> Hope this helps,
>
> Matthieu
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE:
> This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the use of individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please delete it immediately and inform the sender. Unless you are the intended
recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any attachments included.
The contents of the emails including any attachments may be subjected to copyrights law, In
such case the contents may not be copied, adapted, distributed or transmitted without the
consent of the copyright owner.