incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From "PG-Lopez Pumarejo, Ricardo" <Ricardo.Lope...@city.ac.uk>
Subject S4 Metrics
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:15:41 GMT
Hi, I’m new to Apache S4 and I began using the s4.metrics.config parameter.

I’m currently running the Twitter Trending example and want to be able to see the time it
takes to process each twit from the processing elements. I suppose that the file is org.apache.s4.example.twitter.TopicCountAndReportPE-pe-processing-time.csv

I just wanted to know if enabling the s4.metrics.config parameter in the first node will enable
the metrics on the rest of the nodes that I start later or if I have to start each node with
that parameter enabled.

Another question, is there a way of managing the metrics as a whole? Practically what I want
to know if it is possible to see how many events are processed by second each time that I
enable a node.

Thanks.