From "Drew Baird (Volt)" <a-dre...@microsoft.com>
Subject commit tools
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 04:04:09 GMT
I need to commit several directories of files not in projects.

I used svnAkhn for the solutions and they seen to work fine.

However the working folder feature of svnAkhn does not work as advertised on Vista or Win2008Server.

What is the best way to commit files and directories NOT in a VS solution.

1.  I have seen good examples on dev.apache.org but it requires a SSH (Putty) map a drive.
 What is the best way to do map/mount a local drive to run the scripts to svn co etc...

2. I could ftp the files into my account at people.apache.org but I am having trouble with
the correct syntax to put files in ~mydir.people.apache.org. Any hints really appreciated
here.

3. Do I need to build put a Linux or BSD machine to do this?

4. How do you commit files that are in a local windows dir and not in a solution?

Thanks to all for you help and assistance!
Drew