From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: service/client interactions
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 16:19:38 GMT
Harold,

> Is there a document that shows the main interactions between clients and
services.  In other words, once you have the system installed and running, what
call initiates activity and what chain of activity results for that?

There is a "Stonehenge Interoperability Walk-through" and it's available on our wiki.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STONEHENGE/Stonehenge+Interoperability+Walk-through

It shows how to switch between the various platforms. It also shows the different configuration
that are currently supported.  If you read through it, you should get a rough idea of what
services get called when.

> In particular, is there a Java client that initiates activity?

There is not a JAVA stock trader client application.  Although, The JAVA_BS does initiate
a service call to the OPS and Config Services.  You can see that code under

wsas\business_service\src\org\apache\stonehenge\stocktrader\services\TradeOrderServiceClient.java.
and
wsas\business_service\src\org\apache\stonehenge\stocktrader\services\TradeConfigServiceClient.java

-Ben