From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Improving the usability of Stocktrader
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 14:35:01 GMT
Avantika,

First, I attached a patch to the STONEHENGE-21 ticket, this may be useful.  It's very similar
to the PHP Config service.  It still needs namespaces added.

I think that the config contract, is a good place to start thinking about some FE designs.
 It should have the ability to (Add/Edit/ListServices, Get/Set ClientToBs Service, Get/Set
BsToOps, Get/Set DB Config, etc).

Also, you may want to become familiar with the original MSFT Config App.  You'll have to download
and install it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb499684.aspx.  Disregard
all of the load balancing config, that is out-of-scope for this ticket.

-Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Avantika Agrawal [mailto:t-avagra@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 1:20 AM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Improving the usability of Stocktrader

I think two implementations would be a good idea. I've installed the dotnet, java and php
implementations and completed the interoperability walk-through. I am currently working on
how to modify the design of the tables in the db.

I looked at the UI ticket, I will try and brainstorm some ideas for the FE. I'd be interested
in hearing everyone's ideas.