From "Drew Baird (Volt)" <a-dre...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: .Net StockTrader - HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 14:18:39 GMT
Hi Chintana,

There may be two issues:

1. Did you create a virtual directory?
>From [1]
 -  Setup the website under IIS
 -  In IIS manager
 -  Right-click Default Website and choose Add a Virtual Directory
 -  Enter trade as the alias.
 -  Select trader_client\trade as the physical path
 -  If your running vista, right-click the virtual directory and choose Convert to Application.

2. If ASP.Net was installed out of order running servicemodelreg64.cmd may fix the issue.

...\stocktrader\dotnet\setup_utilities\Util\servicemodelreg64.cmd

hth
Drew
[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STONEHENGE/Stonehenge+.NET+StockTrader+Installation+Guide

From: Chintana Wilamuna [chintanaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:33 AM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: .Net StockTrader - HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Hi,

I followed - http://cwiki.apache.org/STONEHENGE/stonehenge-net-stocktrader-installation-guide.html

When it came to installing the .Net 3.5 SP1, I'm getting 2 options in
the setup. Repair and Uninstall. Which means it's installed in the
machine. Looks like ASP.NET 3.5 is inside the .Net 3.5 SP1. They
direct me to the same installation file.

So, I assumed everything is installed correctly and made through with
rest of the items.

Now, when I try to access http://localhost/trade, I'm getting an error
message (a screenshot with the error message is attached.)

I'm running Vista Ultimate (64 bit) SP1. Any tips/pointers to get pass
this is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bye,

    -Chintana