From "Drew Baird (Volt)" <a-dre...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Stonehenge M1 Release (Take 3)
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 23:02:39 GMT
I will get those changes.
Drew

From: Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar [uthaiyashankar@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:15 PM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Stonehenge M1 Release (Take 3)

Hi,

We need to fix some of the .NET build file issue. See the following
comments from Sebb in the general@incubator list

=====

The build file for the .NET code assumes that the code is being built
from SVN, and tries to update the current directory. This is not
appropriate for a source code archive, which should be self-contained
(apart from any 3rd party dependencies, which should be documented.).
The build file should check that any required environment variables
are set up and exit with an error if not. Also any required settings
should be documented somewhere, preferably in the script as well as in
the top-level README or BUILDING file.

====

Can somebody familiar with .NET build system fix it and let me know,
so that I can pack again and go for a vote again?

We also should have a common build file to get binary distribution
from src distribution. I am working on that. We need that as well for
M1 release.

Regards,
Shankar.

--