From Chintana Wilamuna <chinta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .Net StockTrader - HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 14:49:35 GMT
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Drew Baird (Volt)
<a-drewba@microsoft.com> wrote:

> 1. Did you create a virtual directory?
> From [1]
>  -  Setup the website under IIS
>  -  In IIS manager
>  -  Right-click Default Website and choose Add a Virtual Directory
>  -  Enter trade as the alias.
>  -  Select trader_client\trade as the physical path
>  -  If your running vista, right-click the virtual directory and choose Convert to
Application.

Thanks for the quick reply Drew. I did this.

I removed it and added again. Then when I click 'Test Settings...' I'm
seeing the following message,

Authorization:

The server is configured to use pass-through authentication with a
built-in account to access the specified physical path. However, IIS
Manager cannot verify whether the built-in account has access. Make
sure that the application pool identity has Read access to the
physical path. If this server is joined to a domain, and the
application pool identity is NetworkService or LocalSystem, verify
that <domain>\<computer_name>$ has Read access to the physical path.
Then test these settings again.

So, I checked the Application Pools and it is running using the
built-in account 'Network Service'. I went ahead and added the Network
Service user to the Trade folder and grand him read access. This
didn't solve the issue.

> 2. If ASP.Net was installed out of order running servicemodelreg64.cmd may fix the issue.
>
> ...\stocktrader\dotnet\setup_utilities\Util\servicemodelreg64.cmd

I'm getting the following message when I run this,

Microsoft(R) Windows Communication Foundation Installation Utility
[Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Communication Foundation, Version 3.0.4506.2123]
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Error: No valid options were specified, so no action will be taken. Specify
an appropriate option. This error can be caused by trying to register
components that depend on IIS without having IIS installed on the machine.  If
you think this error is a mistake, please check the event log or rerun your
command with the /v switch to check for other warnings.

I noticed that when I go to Application Pools in IIS manager, I see
v2.0 as my .Net Framework Version. This means that 3.5 is not
installed right?

Bye,

    -Chintana

--