From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Config Service interoperability
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:10:13 GMT
ASFAIK, the RUBY_BS and OPS were created by WSO2 that's why they're supported by PHP/WSAS.
 Unfortunately Ruby is still in contrib and hasn't had the traction to make it into the trunk.

That being said, I don't think that the RUBY (or SPRING for that matter) should be in the
trunk.

Additionally, any Ruby developers out there who want to evaluate the validity of the Ruby
implementation in contrib, please do.  Also anyone on the list who knows any Ruby developers
who may be interested please encourage them to join the list and speak up.

-Ben Dewey

From: Ming Jin [skyairmj@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:23 AM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Config Service interoperability

Thanks, Ben, that would be great.

There is one more thing, it's about the available options for client/bs/ops
in config_service. Now .NET and PHP support different options. For example,
.NET supports JAVA_CLIENT/DOTNET_CLIENT/PHP_CLIENT, while php supports
JAVA_CLIENT/DOTNET_CLIENT/PHP_CLIENT/RUBY_CLIENT. In addition, same things
happen in the options of BS and OPS.

Can we make them consistent in that aspect?

--
Ming Jin

Consultant
Thoughtworks, Inc