From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Setup Issues with new config?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 23:22:09 GMT
I just tested the new Config Service with TCP/IP disabled and it doesn't work for SQLExpress
with a named instance.

I've created a ticket for this.  In the meantime follow the PHP/WSAS install instructions
to enable TCP/IP and it will work.

-Ben Dewey

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Dewey [mailto:Ben.Dewey@26ny.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:53 PM
To: 'stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org'
Cc: 'Satish Nikam (Persistent Systems Ltd.)'
Subject: RE: Setup Issues with new config?

Drew,

I had to change the config service app.config file.  But, I'll going to double check the configuration
in regards to the DBConfig table results.

It may be a bit of a catch-22, because if a use has SQLExpress installed without TCP/IP setup
then they may get an error.  Although if a user is interested in the interoperability aspect
then they would have followed the PHP/WSAS instructions to enable TCP/IP on port 1433, essentially
enabling SQLExpress on namedpipes localhost\SQLExpress and tcpip on localhost.

I'll test the config by disabling TCP/IP and see what happens.  This would account for users
running the .NET Stack solo, and may be the issue you're experiencing.

Do you have TCP/IP enabled on your SQLExpress instance?

-Ben Dewey