From Avantika Agrawal <t-ava...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion: "powered by"
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:51:27 GMT
+1
This sounds like a good idea. Thanks, Harold!

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold.Carr@Sun.COM [mailto:Harold.Carr@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:44 PM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Suggestion: "powered by"

Hello Ben,

Great (and I apologize for not be able to listen in on the mailing list in detail to have
seen this).

I just updated the bug with my suggestion:

> These icons would be retrieved from the web services themselves:
>
> UI  -> bs.getBSIcon()
> UI  -> bs.getOPSIcon() -> ops.getOPSIcon
>
> Each implementation (e.g., .NET, WSO2/Java/PhP, Metro) would then
> supply a unique icon.

That way no new dependencies are introduced - you just get what the service you are talking
to gives you.

Regards,
Harold

Ben Dewey wrote:
> Harold,
>
> I actually just created a similar ticket [1] earlier.  I like the idea of icons.  This
was voted and agreed to by ~+5 other people.