From "Scott Golightly" <scott_goligh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Network Connecton Error
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:27:22 GMT
Prajwal,

You may need to enable TCP/IP on the SQL Server. This is based on SQL Server
2008 Express running on Windows Server 2008 but from what I remember of XP
the steps are the same.

To enable TCP/IP from the start menu go to start -> All Programs ->
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -> SQL Server Configuration Manger.

In the left pane choose SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for
<SQL Server Instance Name>. By default Shared Memory is the only protocol
enabled. Right click on TCP/IP in the right pane and choose enable.

You will have to restart your SQL Server (You can do this by selecting SQL
Server Services in the left hand panel and right click on the SQL server
instance then choose restart from the menu).

Scott Golightly

From: Prajwal.Muralidhara@Sun.COM [mailto:Prajwal.Muralidhara@Sun.COM]
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:32 PM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Network Connecton Error

hi Chintana,

Thank you for the early response. Well I did try to ping the IP address of
the mssql server. The server happens to be on my guest OS(Win XP) and not on
my host OS(Win Vista). I get a the following msg.. But when i tried to do
telnet <ip> 1433, I get an error, I get the message connection failed.

Am i doing it right???The mssql instance(SQLEXPRESS) is running.. I had done
the tcp/ip port config before i did "ant deploy" in metro directory..

Prajwal