From Eric VS <vs.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1347602 - /incubator/tashi/trunk/src/tashi/nodemanager/vmcontrol/qemu.py
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:10:12 GMT
Hi,

Yeah, jet lag can be a pain...

You're right, under normal circumstances lvremove will not remove open
volumes but you need to take into account that sometimes the situation
might occur that some developer/engineer/... is doing some work that
requires unmounting / remounting an LV. If at that same instant a VM
belonging to another user gets destroyed, that would also delete the
unmounted volume belonging to the first VM.

In my opinion it shouldn't be that hard to include a check for unmounted
LVs that don't belong to any VM and remove those. The thing we did
yesterday and today is just the first step and clearly misses some tests to
be more adequate.

Kind regards,

*Eric Van Steenbergen*

*E-mail: vs.eric@gmail.com*