From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Retiring Tashi
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 22:55:49 GMT
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Michael Stroucken <mxs+apache@cmu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks. The meeting is Wednesday next week?

The ASF Board meeting is the week after next, but I wasn't initiating action
on any particular deadline.  I'm just working with some of the low-activity
podlings to do what's best for them and their contributors.  FWIW, the TLP I
spend most of my time working on, Apache Lucy, was once a low-activity
subproject of Lucene -- so this is familiar territory.  :)

> If you're reading this list, you'll see I've called for a retirement vote
> here. I hope to get a positive response on that.

Thanks for taking the initiative.

I note that there's talk about continuing development on Github.  I suggest
that you reach out to trademarks@apache.org regarding the "Tashi" mark.
Here's a past thread about another retired podling, Zeta Components, where the
IPMC voted to allow the community continued use of their mark elsewhere.

    http://markmail.org/message/2lodlfft7vobyveb

Marvin Humphrey