incubator-triplesoup-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: testing stuff over HTTP
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:28:54 GMT
On Feb 19, 2007, at 7:30 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Are we just reinventing the Apache::Test wheel here?

Hey, that sounds like fun, maybe we should! Though I'm rather
confident Apache::Test doesn't have a RDF command language, and these
few scripts I did certainly don't have load testing or other fancy
features ;-)

>   The mod_perl
> guys have had this solved in a rock-solid way for quite some time.  I
> realize some people in the room are not the biggest fans of perl, but
> Apache:Test is really really slick...

Regardless of the relative merits of perl, Apache::Test is not
exactly userfriendly from where I'm sitting. I just spent over an
hour and a half trying to learn about Apache::Test and I still don't
even have a "hello, world!" equivalent running. Frustration! It fails
my personal "simple things should be simple" test...

it took me a lot less time to just write...

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/
modules/pysoup/pysoup/client.py
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/
tests/run.sh

...which seems to be roughly wherein the overlap with Apache::Test is
contained.

But of course I'm happy to see things done "properly"! If someone
could help make it easy enough for me to write roughly things like

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/
tests/01-basic-self-test/create-drop-load.tsql
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/
tests/01-basic-self-test/foaf.n3

in perl (or whatever; I haven't learned a lot of Lua just yet for
example ;-)), I'll go and reinstall darwinports so that my perl is
less broken and re-read that entire long boring ill-formatted out-
dated Apache::Test manual.

g'night!

/LSD