From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject activecluster
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:56:45 GMT
Hi All,

Good news on the ActiveCluster front. Rob has already committed the
changes to AC to revert to the Destination based API and has added
bits to make Sonic work under AC too so both issues are solved and we
have very little to no work to upgrade to the new version.

They are working towards a 4.0-M4 release of AMQ which will include
the 1.3-M1 (not sure on the AC version number but this is close)
version of AC. These new version will also include package name
changes for their move to apache. This is all good news for us.

The bad news is that during this transition period we will have to
build and post to Jeff's codehaus repo until their release. Our build
will essentially be a point in time build form the current source
tree when they get the changes for package names checked in. I'll do
a mass migration of our import statements do another build of AMQ and
publish to Jeff's codehaus repo and then check in our code.

Thoughts & Comments as always welcome.

TTFN,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org