From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status of infraststructure items
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:24:19 GMT

Bruce Snyder wrote:
> I've got some tasks on my plate that directly affect WADI and I'd like
> to give everyone a status on them.
>
> 1) Covert WADI CVS to SVN at the Codehaus - I was finally able to
> catch Pete and ask him the procedure for this so now I think I know
> what needs to be done. But before I do the conversion we need to
> decide when the cutover should take place. I don't want to stop
> someone from committing a bunch of changes on which they may already
> be working. You guys tell me when you're ready and I'll make it
> happen.

This great for wadi plugins, but I think Bill has already moved the most
up-to-date wadi into Apache.  Everyone should be working off the Apache
SVN right now.

For Codehaus...what needs to be done is gut everything, leaving only
JBoss and JGroups in SVN.  This entails removing most modules and the
parent.  The wadi-site probably needs updating reflecting it as
wadi-plugins.  There is a fair amount of work to be done here...we
probably should list out the tasks on this one.

Comments?

> 2) Move the WADI website to the ASF - This task is dependent upon
> another task to get Confluence set up at the ASF in such a way that
> it's being used *only* to modify a website. The idea is that we're
> going to use something like Confluenza (which was available at the
> Codehaus) that slurps content from Confluence into static HTML that
> can be easily hosted and checked into SVN. The whole problem with
> using Confluence at the ASF is that it can be easily Slashdotted
> because it writes cache busting headers (ick). As an interim solution,
> I think it would be better to move a static copy of the website to the
> ASF rather than have nothing at all. I'm going to pursue this for the
> time being and when the Confluence solution is available we'll switch
> over.

Can we not rebrand our m2 and use that for the main site?  Or do we need
to use a special incubator wrapper?  We have done so much to our home
page, it would be great to incorporate the incubator headers and let m2
handle the rest.  What are the policies on this?

> 3) Request an upgrade of Fisheye at the Codehaus - Being that the
> title of the #codehaus channel this morning is 'Any person asking for
> FishEye 1.1 is liable to be kicked, banned, and win an hour being the
> meat in a fate and dkk sandwich.' I don't believe it is wise for me to
> add insult to injury and make yet another request for the upgrade.
> I'll just keep an eye on the progress.

+1.