From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:33:31 GMT
-1, this seems a bit late, don't you?  IMHO, if you have issues, you
should be discussing them with the team.  This comes as a pretty big
surprise.

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am pressing the pause button on the move to the Geronimo incubator,
> until I am happy that everything that I want in place is there and that
> everything else is exactly how I want it.
>
> Right now is a very important time for WADI - Geronimo-1.0 is imminent.
>
> We don't have working integrations with Geronimo.

Not true. With the proper config, it works.

> Our website is out of date/missing, depending on which server you look at.

How is it out of date in that it points to 2.0-SNAPSHOT instead of M1?

> Our CVS history has not been imported into ASF SVN - only the current
> versions - so we cannot move forward there, or fix bugs.

I think this is a lot bigger of a problem then you think.  Why can't the
history stay in the attic at Codehaus?

> There is confusion as to which list dev people should be on, let alone
> users.

Where is the confusion?  The emails went out by several to use Apache.

> We have not had discussions about JIRA, the Wiki, Fisheye and anything
> else that CodeHaus has that ASF has not, or vice versa.

I don't agree, I think this has been discussed at great length.

> We have not considered mailing list archives.
> etc...
>
> Everyone is busy running around cutting the project in half at the one
> time we should be thoroughly together.

It has been cut and has confirmed working.  I don't see a problem here.

> The Geronimo release notes give wadi.codehaus.org as the location of the
> WADI project, and it will be here, in one piece when our public start
> arriving.
>
> The chaotic approach to project management has failed.

Please explain what you are referring to.

> I am awarding myself military command and declaring martial law.

-100...we are at Apache...this needs some discussion Jules.

> This in no way detracts from the stirling work done by those who have
> been sorting out our move to the incubator, for which I am very
> grateful. All that work will bear fruit when we finally do move to the
> incubator in an orderly and well coordinated manner.

It does..it detracts heavily.

> Jules
>
> P.S.
>
> There is no vote here - but a few +1s would not go amiss :-)

I am sorry but I do not agree here.