From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Re: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:34:44 GMT
Greg,

Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Jules has put a huge amount of work and time into creating WADI
> and for the most part has done so alone (with the odd suggestion of
> dubbious value from me).  The code base as it stands is 99.99999% Jules.

I am sorry, but Jules' amount of work should have no bearing on whether
its housed at Apache or WADI.  Also...you are discounting the work the
others have done...as I think your 99.99999% number is rubbish.  Yes
Jules has done a significant portion, and in the high 90s...but lets not
discount anybody else...that is insulting.

> The move to the ASF represents a huge gift from Jules to ASF.
> Such a gift should be freely given and should be given without reservation.

Was it not?  Did he not agree to it?  Hindsight is 20/20.

> So even if the reasons for Jules's concerns were invalid, the fact that he
> has concerns is enough for me to support him in his desire for a pause.
>
> But his concerns are not invalid and there are real infrastructural
> and organizational issues.

Concerns are fine...Discuss them...then figure out a solution.  Its
possible a pause could have occurred.  But discuss them.  His actions
were an insult to the others who worked on WADI and an insult to
Geronimo...and Apache.

> Is there harm in a pause?

No...its the way he went about it that is the issue.  Getting upset,
taking your ball and running home seems a bit severe.