From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:22:24 GMT

I'd just like to move some of my comments from IM to the list.

Yes I did support Jules 100% with my +1  - but I'd like to refine
that a little to 99%:

Jules - your choice of words sucked big time: "Marshal Law"????
what were you thinking??!?!?!?

But in codehaus land, you are the project despot, so you have my
support there.

In incubator land you have earnt merit and my repect by writing
the vaste bulk of the code, for thinking/creating the project
and for devoting yourself to it for 12+ months without support.

So looking past your poor choice of words, I give my support
to your desire for the move to go slower.   To get the infras
and governance structures working before leaving codehaus.

I don't think anybody disagrees in substance - only in the
form of the words chosen to describe the actions, which are:

 1) keep the project functioning on codehaus.

 2) identify and fix the problems with infrastructure.

 3) when everybody is happy - move.

If this takes a day, a week or a month, I really don't see
the problem.   G 1.0 is built on the codehause jars and so
can 1.0.1 if need be.    There is no need to rush.

Better to take time to make sure everybody is on board.

cheers