From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] TIMEOUT AGAIN! : Re: WADI - Move to Geronimo Incubator
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:13:29 GMT
Geir,

Everything is in hand. I am talking offline to people who want to talk
to me offline. I am talking online to people who want to talk to me online.

I have talked to you offline and believed that we had reached an
understanding.

I summarized the situation in a mail to both dev lists today and
reiterated my intention to continue the move to the incubator as soon as
the holiday is over.

Let's just give the thing some time, as I have requested, and you will
see it sort itself out.

Thank you for your interest in the project. It will be rewarded as soon
as possible.

Jules

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Hey, everyone :
>
> Jules, people don't want to stop - they are interested in moving
> forward.
>
> Everyone else, Jules wants to slow down.
>
> I don't see people working together here, I see people ignoring each
> other.  You can't do this w/o Jules, and Jules can't do this w/o the
> rest of you.  I don't really care about why Jules wants to stop, nor
> why people want to move forward and ignore him, but guys - just fix
> it.  We're all adults.  If the issues are personal, solve them.  If
> they are commercial, leave them at the door.  If they are technical,
> wadi-dev@ please.
>
> This will stop or I'll recommend that we just toss WADI out of
> incubator because no one wants to work with each other.
>
> geir
>
> On Dec 21, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>> Guys,
>>
>> Just to be absolutely clear about the status of the move at the  moment.
>>
>> I've identified a number of issues which need resolution, before
>> WADI can complete the move.
>>
>> These include the importing of the complete CVS history, from
>> CodeHaus, the importing of mail archives and a number of other
>> details. I need to get a grip on the tool set that is provided by
>> the incubator and satisfy myself that when the move occurs, it will
>> cause minimum disruption to the project.
>>
>> I'm very loaded at the moment and still expecting an imminent
>> Geronimo-1.0 release to land. The christmas holidays are also  nearly
>> upon us.
>>
>> I suggest that we adjourn until everyone is back from the holidays.
>> Someone from WADI will then come up with a plan and we can complete
>> the move.
>>
>> How does that sound ?
>>

>> Jules
>>

>> --
>> "Open Source is a self-assembling organism. You dangle a piece of
>> string into a super-saturated solution and a whole operating-system
>> crystallises out around it."
>>
>> /**********************************
>> * Jules Gosnell
>> * Partner