From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject simplification of deployment
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:32:36 GMT
Hi All,

I've just checked in a couple of changes that simplify deployment to
Tomcat5.5. I believe that these changes are straightforward to make
for Jetty as well.

Basically I moved the majority of the wadi-web.xml into a file in the
core.jar file, I also moved the manual creation of the tomcat55 bits
to another xml file in the tomcat55 jar. This removed the need of the
SpringManagerFactory from the tomcat55.TomcatManager class.

I left the other containers unchanged so Jules could take a look at
what I've done and let me know where it falls apart. There appear to
be some commented out bits that are (or should be) user configurable.
If that is the case we would add an additional appctx that loaded
from a user specific spot and overrides what is loaded by default
(say WEB-INF/wadi-web.xml for example :-).

Thoughts appreciated.

TTFN,

-bd-