From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [long] amq4 update
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:32:12 GMT
On 12/16/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:

>         I like the mvn install:install-file option because it does not
> require us (i.e. me:) to maintain a separate version of the amq build
> and when the amq team goes to m2 we will have little to do but mvn -
> cpu to get their 'official' distribution. (BTW James S. do you guys
> know when you will be moving to m2?)

Hiram is sitting right next to me and he says that the move to Maven 2
is more about the bug in Maven 2. IOW, when Maven 2 works, AMQ will
use it.

> * there are a few api changes to deal with in our move to amq4. I'm
> going to do the following to mitigate the impact of these changes;
>         ** create a branch that will remain on amq 3.2.1 - this will give us
> a place to do required maintenance for G1 if need be, although I'd
> really like for us to do nothing in this branch if we can get away
> with it. The branch will remain 2.0M1-SNAPSHOT, trunk will switch to
> 2.0M2-SNAPSHOT.

WRT change managment, figruatively speaking, branches are read-write
and tags are read-only. Keeping a tag around for AMQ 3.x is a good
idea because if changes need to occur, the tag can be turned into a
branch very easily.

>         ** Trunk will have the changes to get to amq4 - also there was a
> dependency on an activecluster 'point in time build' that we will get
> away from on our trunk starting now.
>
> I will wait to check anything into the trunk until we get the amq 4
> build stuff decided because once its in there is no way to build
> unless we have done one of the two options.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/