From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:34:17 GMT
Hi Jules,

While I agree that we need to be ready to support G1 users I don't
think putting a pause on the move to incubator is the best way to do
that.

So I have to -1 this approach.

Let me make a few suggestions/comments;

1) Lets update the website one last time @ codehaus from the src in
the incubator - add an entry that says something like 'pardon our
dust we are moving to the incubator'. Lets get our website pushed out
to the incubator. We have space AFAIK at http://incubator.apache.org/
wadi to put the site, it just needs to be pushed. Jeff & Jim should
be able to do that RSN (maybe today?).
2) The code at apache is tagged with 'what came from codehaus' so we
can do cross server history, not the most efficient thing in the
world but do able.
3) I don't think there was confusion relating to the lists, just
problems getting subscribed. I think that is all worked out now isn't
it, we are all on the apache lists AFAIK.
4) JIRA and Wiki are good to go AFAIK and if not its simple to set
them up, we just need someone in charge of making that happen. I'm
glad to take it on if no one else can/wants to.
5) Archives are also easy to do.

I really don't see that putting a pause on moving is going to help
anything WRT getting G1 support up and running. All it will do is
confuse things.

Frankly this really upsets me to not have a discussion about it
first. I understand that there are issues that need to be addressed
but becoming a dictator hardly seems the route to making things better.

Here are the issues as I understand them that you are bringing up;

1) the G1 support does not work
2) we dont' have an asf website that has current info
3) we don't have JIRA
4) we don't have Wiki
5) we don't have Fisheye

I think all but 1 can be addressed in less than 12 hrs. If the G1
stuff is not working, this coup will not make it better sooner.

Thanks,

-bd-