From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] tomcat startup simplification
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:58:37 GMT
Hi Jules,

Agreed that we need a way to generalize the way containers are
started. Cargo provides a great way to do that. If we are interested
I'm sure we could get all the support we need from the cargo team to
make that happen.

Thoughts?

Just to make sure that I communicated things properly, what this
change does is to remove the wadi-web.xml file from the web app. All
that configuration stuff is now in the jar files (general stuff in
wadi-core, tc55 specific stuff in the wadi-tc55 jar). The shell
variables are simply a convenience for starting tomcat. Agreed we
don't want to make these values have to be stored in multiple places,
IMO that is where Cargo comes in.

TTFN,

-bd-