From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject tomcat startup simplification
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:29:39 GMT
Hi All,

I did some more tomcat research and came up with the following scheme
to do some manual testing.

I have JAVA_OPTS_RED defined like this;

export JAVA_OPTS_RED="-Dwadi.home=/Users/bdudney/Development/wadi -
Dwadi.version=2.0M1 -Dnode.name=red -Dhttp.port=8080 -Dajp.port=8009 -
Djndi.port=1099 -DSTOP.PORT=8040"

I then set JAVA_OPTS to JAVA_OPTS_RED;

export JAVA_OPTS=$JAVA_OPTS_RED

Then I start tomcat with;

bin/startup.sh -config conf/server-wadi.xml (attached)

Then you can change JAVA_OPTS to JAVA_OPTS_GREEN, PINK whatever (I've
defined 5 of them in my ~/.bash_profile file) and you can start
multiple instance of tomcat using this server-wadi.xml file. Using
this i'm able to fire up 3 or 4 tomcat instances and make sure that
at least the simple stuff is working.