From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Destination maps to Node or Service....
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:38:01 GMT
Gianny,

I decided that this was of wider interest so have posted Geronimo dev
about it.

For WADI, although you convinced me to raise the level of abstraction
above a JMS Destination, after further thought, I think we can raise the
level of abstraction from Node to Service without having to change the
API - Cluster and Destination are already abstract enough to express
this stuff... - see my posting on g-dev where I suggest that we allow
multiplexed connections etc...

If, as far as WADI is concerned, we go this route (I haven't thought
about it deeply yet, so there may be semantic issues that are not easily
resolved), then I still don't see a good reason for losing the
dependency on javax.jms.Destination - other than its pulling in the
whole JMS api as a dependency, which AC and AMQ will do anyway....

What do you think ? Can you still make good technical case against the
use of Destination in WADI code ? If you just replace it with another
Abstraction (e.g. Address or RemoteService etc...), what have we gained ?

Over to you :-)

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell