From "Conrad O'Dea" <co...@iona.com>
Subject Re: coding standard
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:57:40 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 09:03 +0100, Kresten Krab Thorup wrote:
> The IONA contribution is using it's own set of standards, and if it
> is to be reformatted it should probably happen pretty soon.

Agreed.

> As for how the coding standard look, I don't care.

Ditto (although the brace and space usage in the Apache Directory looks
a bit weird to me, I can work with it no doubt).

No one seems to care a whole lot what the coding standard is, so does
someone want to make a formal proposal so that we can get moving on
making the source comply?  As usual, the Wiki would be good place to
post this.  Do we have a wiki somewhere?

Once we have something to vote on then we can...well...vote on it.

> To have any chance of success however, I think that someone will make
> a set of IDE configurations for it so that we can all just use the
> IDE's formatter.

Making check-style part of the build (i.e. non-conformant code breaks
the build) will help ensure that success.  Then, different folks can
contribute configs for their favourite ide when they have them working.

rgds
Conrad