From Kresten Krab Thorup <k...@trifork.com>
Subject Initial tasks
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:00:32 GMT
For some reason I'm not on yoko-dev.  Sorry, but anders just made me
aware that there has been a discussion going on over the project
structure.

I have no intention of forcing structure to be something specific,
but I am eager to get started on the other things that depend on
having the structure decided.

The structure that is in there now is as lised below, and I have
reorganized the class spaces com.ooc -> org.apache.yoko.orb.

trunk/orb 	[ all of the base orb from IONA ]
	src/main/
		java
		generated-java
	src/test
		java
		generated-java

The pom builds an artifact named yoko-orb-1.0-SNAPSHOT

The unit tests need some reworking to be able to run in this new
environment.  What's in there is not JUnit; perhaps we can retrofit
the tests to use JUnit somehow.

I added the extra "orb" at the end of the package name
(org.apache.yoko.orb), because it would make a lot of sense to have
additional modules (all the corba services) in separate yoko
modules.  Also, I am thinking that there should be a parallel module
(trunk/rmi) for the RMI/ValueHandle implementation that would build
yoko-rmi-1.0-SNAPSHOT.  This really is a separate thing, and people
can choose to use this one or whatever comes with the JDK.

Alan, can you have me added to the mailing list?

Kresten Krab Thorup
krab@trifork.com