From "Sakala, Adinarayana" <ASAK...@iona.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Official logging platform for Yoko
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:23:09 GMT
New Results:
> > [ ] Use java.util.logging directly - 10 (Commiter)  1 (Non Commiter)
> > [ ] Use slf4j/log4j - 2 (Committer) 1 (Non Commiter)
> > [ ] Define our own logging API that is not an LCD type API - 2 (Commiter)
> > [ ] Define our own logging API that is a "lowest common denominator"
> > type API

> Util logging will be a big problem for geronimo since we use commons
> logging piped to log4j by default.  If yoko chose util logging, I'm
> not sure what we could do.
Dain, why cant geronimo commons logging piped to java.util. instead of log4j?
Is that what you are proposing when you say forking?
That way Yoko can focus on providing standard support based on java.util.logging standard
API that helps all the projects in a standard way Harmony, Geronimo, Celtix.

thanks,
Adi