From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official logging platform for Yoko
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:04:20 GMT
+1 for Define our own logging API that is not an LCD type API
-1000 for java.util.logging

Util logging will be a big problem for geronimo since we use commons
logging piped to log4j by default.  If yoko chose util logging, I'm
not sure what we could do.  I'd guess that either we'd have to
disable all logging from yoko, or fork the code.  Forking is most
likely easiest as we could create a copy of the util logging
interfaces which delegate to commons logging.  Then we just write a
script to change the imports from util.logging to fork.logging.  It
would be much easier if yoko just did that directly.

-dain