From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Release candidate for M2 release
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:48:13 GMT

Rick,

I really hate to do this to you, but as things stand right now, I'd
probably have to -1 the maven artifacts.    I should have mentioned this
before you tried cutting the candidates.  I've just been a bit busy.

I started a discussion on general@ last week about stuff that should be in
the poms:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200702.mbox/<200702220508.14226.daniel.kulp%40iona.com>

From that, the top level pom should probably be changed so:
1) It uses org.apache:apache:3 as the parent

2) Add a <inceptionYear>2006</inceptionYear> tag

3) All the poms should say "Apache Yoko ....", not just Yoko.

Also, nothing is properly GPG signed.

I've gone ahead and attached a new top level pom.xml that fixes the above.
It ALSO adds two new profiles:

1) deploy - adds the sources jar to all the builds so they will get
deployed with the jar.   Eventually will add javadocs as well.

2) release - adds the gpg signing as well as the usage of a alternate
deploy location for staging the artifacts.

Thus, you should be able to do:

mvn -Pruntime,deploy,release
   -Ddeploy.altRepository=stage:default:scp://people.apache.org/home/rickmcguire/public_html/staging
   -Dgpg.passphrase=yourpassphrase

to pretty much handle everything.   (That would then need to be documented
on your wiki)

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp