incubator-zeta-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James Pic (Issue Comment Edited) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Issue Comment Edited] (ZETACOMP-103) Migration to PHPUnit 3.6
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:08:30 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP-103?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13170101#comment-13170101
] 

James Pic edited comment on ZETACOMP-103 at 12/15/11 2:07 PM:
--------------------------------------------------------------

"phpUnit has introduced a BC Break recently." About that, here is what i know:

PHPUnit 3.6 introduced the BC break. Sebastian said it was the right time to get rid of UnitTest/src/runtests.php.
Now we use vanilla with phpunit.xml.dist instead of runtests.php. It mostly relies on all
test case scripts to have the _test.php suffix. So i added a script scripts/tests_filenames.sh
which helps in fixing that.

Most tests still pass, but the runner is in ill: many missing testsuites, testsuites that
put phpunit in exception, testcases not loaded ... it's almost possible to get coverage reports
and fix missing test cases.

I made a phpunit.xml.dist with all components. Ran each component testsuite one by one. Commented
testsuites which put phpunit itself in exception. My plan is to end with a phpunit configuration
that runs all testsuites without crashing, get some reports, and start fixing tests.

But, phpunit crashes silently before the end on my machine (intel core i5, 8Gb RAM, SSD hard
drive, Ubuntu).

Any help with that is welcome !
                
      was (Author: jpic):
    "phpUnit has introduced a BC Break recently." About that, here is what i know:

PHPUnit 3.5 introduced the BC break. Sebastian said it was the right time to get rid of UnitTest/src/runtests.php.
Now we use vanilla with phpunit.xml.dist instead of runtests.php. It mostly relies on all
test case scripts to have the _test.php suffix. So i added a script scripts/tests_filenames.sh
which helps in fixing that.

Most tests still pass, but the runner is in ill: many missing testsuites, testsuites that
put phpunit in exception, testcases not loaded ... it's almost possible to get coverage reports
and fix missing test cases.

I made a phpunit.xml.dist with all components. Ran each component testsuite one by one. Commented
testsuites which put phpunit itself in exception. My plan is to end with a phpunit configuration
that runs all testsuites without crashing, get some reports, and start fixing tests.

But, phpunit crashes silently before the end on my machine (intel core i5, 8Gb RAM, SSD hard
drive, Ubuntu).

Any help with that is welcome !
                  
> Migration to PHPUnit 3.6
> ------------------------
>
>                 Key: ZETACOMP-103
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP-103
>             Project: Zeta Components
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: Daniel Fahlke
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: phpunit
>         Attachments: php-i, phpunit.xml.dist, phpunit_output, trace.3162881929.xt
>
>
> phpUnit has introduced a BC Break recently.
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-zeta-dev/201109.mbox/browser
> So now we are migrating the old testrunner code to native phpunit definitions

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message