incubator-zeta-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James Pic (Issue Comment Edited) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Issue Comment Edited] (ZETACOMP-103) solve phpUnit compatibility Problem
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:30:30 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP-103?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13170101#comment-13170101
] 

James Pic edited comment on ZETACOMP-103 at 12/15/11 10:29 AM:
---------------------------------------------------------------

"phpUnit has introduced a BC Break recently." About that, here is what i know:

PHPUnit 3.5 introduced the BC break. Sebastian said it was the right time to get rid of UnitTest/src/runtests.php.
Now we use vanilla with phpunit.xml.dist instead of runtests.php. It mostly relies on all
test case scripts to have the _test.php suffix. So i added a script scripts/tests_filenames.sh
which helps in fixing that.

Most tests still pass, but the runner is in ill: many missing testsuites, testsuites that
put phpunit in exception, testcases not loaded ... it's almost possible to get coverage reports
and fix missing test cases.

I made a phpunit.xml.dist with all components. Ran each component testsuite one by one. Commented
testsuites which put phpunit itself in exception. My plan is to end with a phpunit configuration
that runs all testsuites without crashing, get some reports, and start fixing tests.

But, phpunit crashes silently before the end on my machine (intel core i5, 8Gb RAM, SSD hard
drive, Ubuntu).

Any help with that is welcome !
                
      was (Author: jpic):
    I made a phpunit.xml.dist with all components. Ran each component testsuite one by one.
Commented testsuites which put phpunit itself in exception. My plan is to end with a phpunit
configuration that runs all testsuites without crashing, get some reports, and start fixing
tests.

But, phpunit crashes silently before the end on my machine (intel core i5, 8Gb RAM, SSD hard
drive, Ubuntu).

Any help with that is welcome !
                  
> solve phpUnit compatibility Problem
> -----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ZETACOMP-103
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP-103
>             Project: Zeta Components
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: Daniel Fahlke
>              Labels: phpunit
>         Attachments: phpunit.xml.dist, phpunit_output, trace.3162881929.xt
>
>
> phpUnit has introduced a BC Break recently.
> Now we have either to workaround it somehow, or to provide a tutorial how to use a certain
phpunit Version for testing.
> Diskuss is on the Mailinglist.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message