jakarta-bcel-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Question: what version of jdk is bcel 5.1 expected to be run with?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:44:43 GMT

I have been using this tool to create a byte-code enhancement of created
class files and I kept getting a NoSuchMethodError.

The reason that I get this is because I am running my application with
jdk 1.3 and the method that causes this exception is the
StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer) method.

This method does not exist within jdk 1.3 but it is part of the
distribution of jdk 1.4.

The interesting thing about this is that I was able to build the bcel
5.1 source using jdk 1.3!

That is why I am wondering which jdk is bcel 5.1 suppose to work with.

thanks,

--Claudio