jakarta-bcel-dev mailing list archives

From dbros...@qis.net
Subject Re: BCEL future
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:29:23 GMT
Quoting Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com>:

> I'd like to suggest some topics for thought:
>
> How much code has changed since the last release?
Not sure, but i don't think much, can look into it.

> How many bugs are out there?
Bugzilla reports 22, many of which have code fix suggestions

> How many have patches?
Bugzilla reports 9

> What should the next version be? I assume it should be a minor release
> of some kind with bugs/patches dealt with.
My feeling is a 5.2 relatively minor release with java 5.0 support
Resolve bugzilla issues
Improve JavaDoc

> Are there major plans? (1.5 support?)
Add support for Annotations/Enums attributes
Add support for above access flags (patch existing)

> When should the SVN migration happen?
I vote for asap

> Should a Wiki exist?
i vote yes.

Future work: Not necessarily for this version:
Integration with Eclipse
Ant tasks
XML in/out (BCELSource for XML Transformer?)