jakarta-bcel-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject BCEL future
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:18:54 GMT
aka scheme to resurrect BCEL activity. This email is cc'd to addresses
found for Enver and Markus, but chances are they're not active
addresses anymore.

I asked the PMC list for volunteers to assist with getting things
restarted here. Conor MacNeil (already a BCEL committer), Simon
Kitching and Henning Schmiedehausen all stepped forward. Simon's asked
to be able to commit, so I'll grant him karma in a bit.

In a separate thread I'll nominate Dave Brosius for committership so
he can start applying patches, and another to give Torsten Curdt karma
so he can commit too. It'll take a while to get through the usual
CLA/fax stuff for Dave, but I'm sure things will move anyway.

I'd like to suggest some topics for thought:

How much code has changed since the last release?
How many bugs are out there?
How many have patches?
What should the next version be? I assume it should be a minor release
of some kind with bugs/patches dealt with.
Are there major plans? (1.5 support?)
When should the SVN migration happen?
Should a Wiki exist?

Torsten also suggested:

come up with junit testcases
get rid of the static repository approach?

BCEL's a blackbox to me, so I'll try not to get too involved in any
technical discussions and just offer help on infra/pmc bits.

Hen