jakarta-bcel-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Gaisbauer <markus.gaisba...@gmx.at>
Subject Why isn't ConstantPoolGen final?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:13:56 GMT
Hi!

After my recent performance patch, I have further looked for code that
could possibly be speed by applying a few optimisations.

Although only a small percentage of total time is spend in ClassGen
initialisation (about 20% of deserialization and about 10% of combined
deserialization/serialization time), some speedup may be achieved here.

I was wondering why ConstantPoolGen isn't final, and why the fields
size, constants and index as well as the method adjustSize are
protected? Are there actually subclasses out there that depend on their
contracts implicitly defined by the current implementation?

cheers,
Markus