jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Smirnoff" <alex...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: BSF plugin in Eclipse - input needed
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:32:36 GMT
Hi Jiger,

Very nice plugin. Initially I've have also created very simple console prototype with Eclipse,
but now I'm in the process of
redesign that silly hackish thing... I keep in touch with some Eclipse people. We can use
their help to define the requirements for
the scripting in terms of Eclipse abstraction framework (especially that they've already tried
to implement scripting, but it failed
for some reason).

So far, I'm targeting next goals:

1. To design flexible BSF Console View. Something like what you have with JEdit, but including
little bit more features:
    - language independent set of commands initialized from some init file
    - command completion and history mechanisms.
    - console multi-line editing (something like in BeanShell, but language independent)
    - "rich output" support (flexible output partitioning based on script definitions) (phase
2 or 3)
2. Design the abstraction of the objects that representing the Eclipse platform in BSF
3. Design the ScriptLaunch abstraction and Macros framework for Eclipse

This is very roughly what I plan. Any more ideas?

Probably we should create a project on SourceForge,  use their listserver to communicate.
I think this list is not quite appropriate
for us.

P.S.: Anyone who can help - is welcome.

Alex Smirnoff.